Holiday Barn De Zwaluw is situated in the Kempen, in between forests and fields. The big garden or the cosy living room can be enjoyed on the spot, and there are various walking and cycling tours starting at the back of the garden.
The house is located in a quiet area, but still within walking distance of the charming villages Lichtaart (1,8 km) and Kasterlee (3 km). There are numerous cafes, restaurants and supermarkets in the villages.
Thanks to the central location, cities like Antwerpen, Turnhout and Herentals are nearby and definitely worth a visit.
At walking distance (less than 5 km)
- Tavern-restaurant Koningsbos (850m): breakfast buffet on Sunday, lunch, dinner
- Recreational domain Ark Van Noë (2 km): kayak and canoe rental, playground, cafe, petting zoo…
- Goat farm Polle (2 km): guided tours, farm shop…
- Cafe Heksenberg (2 km): mini golf, cafe with terrace
- Forest playfield Kabouterberg (3 km): walking, playing on the sandy hills, gnome walk…
- Arts centre Frans Masereel Centrum (3 km)
- Theme park Bobbejaanland (4 km)
By bike or car (more than 5 km)
- Hidrodoe, Herentals (11 km): theme park about the Wonderful World of Water
- Recreational domain Netepark, Herentals (10 km): swimming pools, playground, trampolines, mountain bike trail
- Children’s farm Lentehei, Herentals (12,5 km): petting zoo, cafe…
- Cultural center De Warande, Turnhout (13 km): performances, cafe…
This is just a selection of the many recreational opportunities in the area. Obviously we are happy to help you plan your trips.